Health insurance

According to section 5 paragraph 1 no. 9 of the Fünften Buches Sozialgesetzbuch (SGB V), students are generally required to have a public health insurance. You need to provide the insurance status during the enrolment process.

The exchange of the insurance status (public insured or exempt from public insured) between HafenCity Universität (HCU) and the public health insurance companies takes place via an electronic reporting procedure.

If your insurance agreement changes during your studies at HCU you do not need to submit a hardcopy of the evidence to the Student Service Center. Please contact your public health insurance company. Your health insurance company may need the HCU sender number for the transmission of your insurance status. This is: H0003246.

Please note that the public health insurance companies use the electronic reporting procedure to inform the HCU if you have failed to meet your insurance obligations (for example outstanding contributions) and therefore you do not have valid health insurance coverage or if you change your health insurance. If you do not immediately attend that your insurance coverage has been restored, you will be de-registered.