Student Financing through German law on higher education grants (BAföG)

To learn more about the possibility of receiving financial assistance for your third-level education via the German law on higher education grants, please contact the  Counselling Centre Studierendenwerk.


Responisble person for BAföG at the HCU

If you need a proof of your course of study or your prospective study end for the BAföG office, please contact the responsible person of your degree programme. 

Please bring at the appointment ALWAYS

1. the fully digitally completed form
2. current proof of academic achievement (print of the summery in ahoi)
3. current valid "Onlinesemesterunterlagen" (see ahoi under the menu item "my documents")

Without these documents your request can't be processed. The BAföG forms you can find here.

Please note: The responisble person for BaföG or the Studienbüro will not give you advice for BaföG. Please contact the BaföG office. 


Prof. Dr. Jörn Düwel

email: joern.duewel(at)


Civil Engineering and Geomatic / Geodesy and Geoinformatics

Herr Prof. Dr.-Ing Martin Jäschke

Please submit the documents by email: leistungsbescheinigungen-bafoeg_biw-geo(at)

Vera Vorreiter - Studienbüro - room 4.125


Metropolitan Culture / Digital Urban Cultures, Urban Planning and Urban Design

Prof. Dr. Thomas Krüger

Please submit the documents by post or email:

Susanne Stellwagen - Studienbüro - room 4.125



Resource Efficiency in Architecture and Planning (REAP)

Prof. Dr. Ingo Weidlich

E-Mail: ingo.weidlich(at)


Smart Building Engineering 




§ 9 BaföG certificate

If you already receive a grant in accordance with the German law on higher education grants, the § 9 BaföG certificate will be automatically uploaded in your ahoi account with re-registration (Onlinesemesterunterlagen).



Ein leistungsabhängiger BAföG-Teilerlass nach §18 Abs. 2 und 2a BAföG ist nur noch für diejenigen Studierenden zu erreichen, die ihre Abschlussprüfung bis zum 31.12.2012 abgelegt haben. D.h. für Studierende, die ihre Abschlussprüfung ab dem 01.01.2013 ablegen, entfällt die Möglichkeit des leistungsabhängigen BAföG-Teilerlasses. Einen Antrag auf einen leistungsabhängigen BAföG-Teilerlass können Sie nach Erhalt des Feststellungs- und Rückzahlungsbescheids beim Bundesverwaltungsamt stellen.